jocelynadams

Jocelyn Adams - Living life one word at a time

I'm an author and lover of dark fantasy and romance books.

Instinct - J.A. Belfield Yes!

I finally found time to read Instinct. Like a ravenous reading beast, I devour pretty much any story J. A. Belfield writes, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this little lovely. As usual, she did not disappoint me. Five of these little babies from me ☆☆☆☆☆, deserving of every single one.

First off I have to say I LOVE this cover. The colors and lighting are eye-catching enough, but then I noticed the subtle detail of Sean's shadow taking the shape of a wolf. Very creative and fitting, and the whole flavor of the couple's attire matches the story to perfection. Bravo again, J. Taylor!

This story is from Sean's perspective, the hero from Darkness & Light. Here, we see him in a previous life where he's trolling the marketplace for his latest female delicacy to have as an afternoon carnal snack, enjoying a different one each week. He's a bit of a naughty one, that Sean, until a chance encounter brings him upon Gem, a blonde enticement that raises his mind from his trousers to the worthy woman she is. She's stubborn and has heard of Mr. Holloway and his adventures under women's petticoats, so she isn't as easy to win over as Sean might like. What she does, is earn his respect.

Her scent, beauty and the bold way about her make sure he doesn't give in, trying as hard to win her as she tries not to be won. Destiny, it would seem, has other ideas. Not that it's easy by any stretch. Between the rules of his pack and Gem's mother, a talented witch who dislikes werewolves, the path they walk is a hard one. One very enjoyable for the reader to be tugged along the emotional roller coaster Sean finds himself on.

Although this is a short read, it's packed with intrigue and emotion, and woven together like silk threads, creating a story so smooth and captivating you'll want to curl up on the sofa and read it again and again.